英语流行口语对话:Compromise妥协

2022-03-20 03:24:56 来源:范文大全收藏下载本文

【导语】人人范文网的会员“xingwuyu”为你精心整理了“英语流行口语对话:Compromise妥协”范文,希望对你的学习、工作有参考借鉴作用。

...get on the bandwagon.

随大溜。(较随便)

A:What're you supposed to do now?

你现在该怎么办呢?

B:The only thing for me to do is to get on the bandwagon.

我只能随大溜。

A:It can be taken as a way.

这倒是个办法。

...swim with the tide.

随大溜。(较随便)

A:What did he do with the boss's decision?

他对老板的决定采取了什么态度?

B:He wouldn't disagree;he's learned to swim with the tide.

他不反对,他已学会了随大溜.

A:Everybody has to do that in this society.

在这个社会里,每个人都得那么做.

You'd better water down yur demand .

你最好降低一下要求.(较随便)

A:You'd better water down your demand.

你最好降低一下要求.

B:Why?

为什么呢?

A:Or the boss will turn then down at once.

因为如不这样,老板会立即把他们驳回.

Let's meet each other half way.

咱们各让一半.(通用)

A:Don't argue any more.Let's meet each other half way,OK?

别争了,咱们各让一半吧,好不好?

B:All right .It's good for you to say so.

好的,你能这么说太好了.

Only in this way can we close the deal.

只有这样才能成交.

...make the best out of a hard bargain.

......尽力而为.(通用)

A:Things are becoming so difficult.

事情越来越困难了。

B:So I hope everyone of us will make the best out of a hard bargain.

因此我希望大家都能尽力而为。

A:Yes,indeed.

对,确实是这样。

I don't mind one way or the other.

我无所谓,怎么都行.(通用)

A:Do you want the eggs overcooked or underdone?

你的煎鸡蛋要老一点还是嫩一点?

B:I don't mind one way or the other.

我无所谓,怎么都行.

A:I know.

我知道了。

...figure out a way to ...

......想个办法。......(通用)

A:We must figure out a way to settle the dispute.

我们想个办法解决这个争端。

B:Yes,a way has to be found.

对,必须想个办法.

A:But it's not easy.

但并不容易.

...give in on both sides.

......相互让步.(通用)

A:How on earth will they end the strike?

到底怎样才能结束罢工呢?

B:They'll have to give in on both sides,I think.

我认为双方必须相互让步。

A:But neither of them wants to do so.

但他们谁也不肯这样。

B:Then the strike will last for ever.

那么这场罢工会永远持续下去的。

...play along with one's ideas for the time being.

暂时参与......的计划.(通用)

A:Are you in favor of his plan?

你们赞成他的计划吗?

B:Not really.But we've finally decided to play along with his ideas for the time being

并不赞成,我最终决定暂时参与他的计划。

A:What do you mean by that?

你那样说是什么意思?

B:We agreed with him temporarily.

我们只是暂时同意他的意见。

There's no room for compromise.

没有妥协的余地。(通用)

A:I think we'd better reach a compromise.

我认为我们最好相互让步。

B:Unfortunately,I don't think there's room for compromise in this matter.

但遗憾的是,我认为在这件事上没有妥协的余地。

A:It seems we'll never reach any agreement.

看来我们永远也不会达成协议了。

When in Rome,do as the Romans do.

入乡随俗.(通用)

A:We shouldn't dress very formally in the country.

我们在乡下不应该空得太正式。

B:Yeah,we should be casual when we stay with country people.

是啊,和乡下人在一起我们随便一些。

A:When in Rome,do as the Romans do.

入乡随俗嘛。

...work out a compromise.

制定妥协方案。(通用)

A:Did you finally work out a compromise?

你们最后制定出妥协方案了吗?

B:No,we couldn't.

没有。

A:Why?

为什么?

B:They wouln't give in neither would we.

他们不让步,我们也不愿让步。

...need a give-and-take attitude.

......需采取互谅互让的态度。

A:I find it hard to get on with my colleagues.

我发现和同事相处很难。

B:You need a give-and-take attitude to get along in this firm.

要想在这个公司和同事处好,你需采取谅互让的态度.

A:Thank you for your advice.

谢谢你的忠告。

...make mutual concessions.

......双方让步。(较正式)

A:If we want to reach an agreement,we should make mutual concessions.

如果我们想达成协议的话,必须双方让步。

B:You said it.As long as we do it,we'll achieve an agreement.

你说到点子上了,只要我们能这样做,会达成协议的.

A:That's right.

是这样的.

...settle...amicably.

......和解。(较正式)

A:What's the result of the dispute between the two parties?

两党史争端的结局怎么样了?

B:They finally selled it amicably.

他们最终和解了。

A:Tt's the same as I had expected.

和我预料的一样。

...split the difference.

采取折中的方法.(较正式)

A:Your price is a bit too high.

你的价格有点太高了。

B:We have to split the difference.

我们双方都得让一点了.

A:That's the thing to do.

应该这样。

...take a hard line.

......采取强硬态度。(较正式)

A:Will our boss agree to change the plan?

老板会改变计划吗?

B:No,he still takes a hard line.He has ordered us to finish our work according to schedule.He'll never change it

不,他态度强硬.他命令我们按期完成任务就没有改变的余地.

A:He's really marble-hearted.

真是铁石心肠啊!

...fall into line...

......同意 ......。(较正式)

A:Do you follow his decision all the time?

你们总是听从他的决定吗?

B:Yes.When he announces a plan,all of us fall into line.

是的。他宣布的计划,我们都同意。

A:You never reject his ideas? B:Never.He's the boss,you know.

你们从来不拒绝吗?从来不拒绝.他是老板呀.

...back down on

在......上作出让步.(较正式)

A:I finally backed down on my plan.

我的计划最终作出让步.

B:I thought you would stick to it.

我本以为你会一直坚持下去.

A:I couldn't,simply because so many people have opposite opinions.

那么多人持反对意见,我根本不能坚持.

英语小组口语对话考试

关于英语的好处的口语对话

大学生英语面试常用口语对话

大学生英语面试常用口语对话

外贸口语对话

意大利语口语对话

日常口语对话

日常口语对话

大学口语考试对话

外贸口语对话内容

《英语流行口语对话:Compromise妥协.doc》
英语流行口语对话:Compromise妥协
将本文的Word文档下载到电脑,方便收藏和打印
推荐度:
点击下载文档
下载全文